Scaldwell Club was set up by villagers over thirty years ago following the closure of the last public house in the village. The bar provides the village with somewhere for locals to meet and drink in a friendly and convivial atmosphere. Originally situated in part of the village hall, the bar is in a separate room at the rear of the building these days. The Club is run by a committee of elected village members and membership of the Club is by virtue of living in Scaldwell.
Scaldwell Club has a fully functioning bar serving a good range of draught and bottled beers and lagers, wines, spirits, soft drinks and snacks. It is staffed by village members on a voluntary basis.
Throughout the year, the Club committee organizes and runs a number of functions and events. These include:
- An annual Firework display held at the Village Playing field
- An annual Christmas Dinner party for the Senior Citizens of Scaldwell
- A ‘Christmas Starters’ event on the Sunday before Christmas to begin the celebrations of Christmas.
- A summer ‘Picnic on the Green’ day on the Saturday before August Bank Holiday
- Friday night ‘Family Meal Evenings’ followed by games at various times throughout the year
- ‘Quiz Nights’
- ‘Snail Racing’ evenings
- Themed ‘Dinner Evenings’
Scaldwell Club is a village amenity that provides a great opportunity to meet friends or make friends if a newcomer to the village. Everyone can expect a warm welcome at the Club.