Scaldwell Club was set up by villagers over thirty-five years ago following the closure of the last public house in the village. The bar provides the village with somewhere for locals to meet and drink in a friendly and convivial atmosphere. Originally situated in part of the village hall, the bar is in a separate room at the rear of the building. The Club is run by a committee of elected villagers and membership of the Club is by virtue of living in Scaldwell.
Scaldwell Club has a fully functioning bar serving a good range of draught and bottled beers and lagers, wines, spirits, soft drinks and snacks. It is staffed by village members on a voluntary basis. Please do speak to a committee member if you'd like to help out either behind the bar or on the committee. Current Committee members are Adele Taylor, Chris Riseley, Michelle Wharton, Darren Dean, Nick Masterson-Jones, Nicola and Spyros Kyriakides and Paul Carter.
Throughout the year, the Club committee organizes and runs a number of functions and events. These include:
· An annual Firework display held at the Village Playing field
· An annual Christmas Dinner party for the Senior Citizens of Scaldwell
· A ‘Christmas Starters’ event on the Sunday before Christmas to begin the celebrations of Christmas.
· A summer ‘Party in the Park’ day with live music
· An annual Treasure Hunt
· Quiz Nights
· Snail or Cockroach Racing evenings
· Themed dinner evenings
For the latest events, see the Events Page here
The Club is now open on Thursday and Friday evenings from 7:30pm